Life Is Mysterious

Zooropazoo

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Fish Diet Chart

Can you see the fish on the table?...I got this from the nearby pharmacy when I went there to buy vitamins and other stuffs. It's cute and quite informative so I decided to take it home after asking the shop assistant. I purposely brought back for my hubby to read because I want to let him know what's the benefit to eat fish. I'm wondering why he's so scared to eat any kind of fishes even the tasty fried dory chop. I guessed the phobia still playing fresh in his mind...there was one incident the fish bone stuck at his throat when he was a kid.

For me, I like eating fish and knowing fishes are good source of protein, Omega-3 and DHA. Omega-3 is important in prevention and treatment of diseases especially cardiovascular heart disease. But there are some fishes contained high level of mercury which are not advisable to be consumed by pregnant women, breastfeeding mum and young children. These fishes are Shark fish, Swordfish & Tilefish. So you can eat more Anchovies, Mackerel, Sardine which are low in mercury. Other good choices for getting yourself more Omega-3 into your body, you can consider taking Atlantic Salmon, Tuna and Pacific Herring.

I don't care, I'll force my hubby to accompany me to Manhattan Fish Market for fried salmon or dory chop, hehehe...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

I love fish and we eat it whenever we get a chance to.

June 4, 2008 at 4:36 AM  
Blogger Redsponge said...

Hey, last month maxis user get the buy 1 free 1 fish and chips at Manhattan Fish Market.

June 4, 2008 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Themuxicbox said...

I also don't dare to eat fish outside of home. Too many bad experiences with un-fresh fish~!

June 4, 2008 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Zooropa said...

Tammy
~ That's good!

Redsponge
~ Oh is it?...I don't know this & I miss out the offer, sigh...

Jeslyn
~ How about mom-cooked fish, yummy?

June 5, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home