Life Is Mysterious

Zooropazoo

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Funny Encounter

I don't have special topic to discuss today but I think I would like to share with you two very funny encounter. One is happened years back while the other is just recently:-

1. During pre-Chinese New Year sales in years ago, hubby and I (we were not married yet that time, hehehe...) went for shopping. Hubby bought a pair of new shoes. And it's the norm where people give-away the "angpow packets" when we purchased at most of the shops and some did require to have a minimum purchase in order to get that free. (this is crazy somehow, are those angpow packets very expensive?) When hubby paid for his shoes, the cashier looked at him and asked "Are you a Chinese?" Hubby replied her "yes". Being the curious me, I asked further " Well, we are Chinese but why you asked as such?" She said they won't give-away the packet to non-Chinese. I told her that she can give it or not to give based on her judgment (although a very poor one!) but she shouldn't ask customer like this, it's simply not nice...I wondering the girl got the point but some people really can't think before speaking!

2. There's a webmaster of an online business approached me last week asking me whether or not I'm interested to write a product review. I liaised with him for the further requirements. When everything seems fine, I highlighted to him about the pay since he didn't mention in the reply. That's so funny of him in asking me "why can't you do the product review for free?..." FYI, he requires 300 words! (People yelling like hell for the offer of $5.50 with 300 words in SS.) He thought I have nothing better to do! I'm lazy to reply to this chap.


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

I get emails all the time about doing free product reviews. If they don't mention a payment in the offer I don't bother with them because it means that they want it for free.

June 6, 2008 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger -waiseng- said...

People would actually expect you to do things for free? It's not charity you know..

June 6, 2008 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

writing for free..i think they will also take the $$ themselves.

June 6, 2008 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Sweet Jasmine said...

Funny people can appear anywhere...but nothing is for free except for charity..ho.ho.ho..ask for santa clause.

June 6, 2008 at 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh really? i thought those red envelopes are just given to everybody--i mean all customers for that matter. not to discriminate...

June 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Juliana said...

too much work for 300 words only 5,5 usd hi hi hi... I don't like that :D

When you have time, check out my post today about The story of ducks and my journey trip to Hoofddrop

Have a nice weekend...

June 8, 2008 at 3:24 AM  
Blogger JK said...

You find people like that everywhere. Don't bother too much and stay happy!

June 8, 2008 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Sue Sue said...

Ya ya ... no money don't do it.

June 8, 2008 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Zooropa said...

Tammy
~ ok noted.

Waiseng
~ u r right, nothing is free especially when all things in a raise of prices now!

Hazel
~ Oh maybe too...

SweetJasmine
~ Yeah they shld ask for Santa instead!

Posh Post
~ Yeah, they shldn't have discrimination in the first place. That's why I said it's funny.

Juliana
~ Will check it out later ya! Have a nice weekend!

June 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Zooropa said...

Jo-N
~ Yeah I don't bother much as I had fed up with the dummies in this country most of the time!

SueSue
~ Sure I turn off the deal!

June 8, 2008 at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home