Life Is Mysterious

Zooropazoo

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Favorite Bible Story

In the earlier entry, I have mentioned that I used to go Sunday School when I was a kid. I enjoyed going there because I love the story telling session the most besides other activities. My teacher, Ms. Carol would pick a story and read to us. She explained the value and lesson we learned each time at the end of the story. She always took it to the extra miles where she tried to relate the story to our real life and asked us to Find out more if we can. As a kid at merely 4 years old that time, I didn't able to appreciate much then but I simply love listening to the stories as any other kids do!

When I grow older, I started to Find out more and understand most of the values of the stories. In my mind, "The Story of Noah and The Greatest Flood" is one of my favorite Bible Stories. Noah is a very good man so that God loves him. When God knew that many people doing bad on this earth, God wanted to get rid of them. In His effort to save Noah and family, God told Noah to build a huge ark and wanted him to take his family and two of every kind of animals onboard. It started to rain for 40 days and flooded more than 150 days! The flood wipe away the bad while Noah and family and animals floated on the flood. They touched down the land again when water dried up later. God promised Noah that there would not be a flood again to destroy the earth and God put a beautiful rainbow on the sky as a reminder of the promise. So the story teaches us people with good deed will get what they deserved whereas the bad one will not be sharing the same. This is what we call fairness in life.

If you like to Find out more of other interesting Bible stories and Theatre, do book a place for the Theatre Church Conference in Silver Spring, MD on October 22 & 23. This is the first ever event organized by CineMeetings & Events which is to get together respected thought leaders, pastors and church leaders for the discussion of theatre worship in future. Don't miss this opportunity!
Post?slot_id=22989&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

My favorite one was Joseph and his coat of many colors.

October 18, 2008 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

happy weekend!

October 18, 2008 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Trinity said...

Noah is a great story, a good example of obedience...

October 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home