Life Is Mysterious

Zooropazoo

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dora The Explorer

I'm sure everyone or rather most of the mummies here are familiar with this little girl who always carrying with her backpack. Yes, she is Dora The Explorer! Still remember that the very first time I "knew" her was back to quite some years ago. Oh yes..., that was Father's Day. We had small party held at my parents' house. Apparently me & hubby were not married yet during that time but he was always "the clown" who makes the kids happy! (that's why all my nieces & nephew love being with him). Hubby asked me to write a kiddie invitation card to the kids for the party. So I bought a pack of those cards featuring Dora & Boots because I saw it was quite lovely and cute. To my surprised, my eldest niece told me that wow...GuGu (GuGu means Aunt in case you wondering what am I writing), how come you know I love Dora one? I watch this cartoon everyday...Since then I realized that it's a popular cartoon series on Astro. (The local paid TV)

I've watched a few times with my nieces and I found it's a good programme for small kids because Dora tends to solve problems whenever she encounters trouble which is challenging her.This is awesome in the sense that it's instilling the value of independent to the kids, I supposed. She also teaches us some simple Spanish phrases. U know my niece will shout I did it or we did it (like what Dora said) when she done with the puzzle. She is funny! If I have a girl next time, sure I'm gonna buy a lot of Dora stuffs for her! For myself, she's an explorer...somewhat like me, hehe...that's why I named myself Dora in blogsphere!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger slavemom said...

My girl likes to watch Dora too. Yeah.. I oso find the show educational. And when she saw this post, she told me she wanted a Dora cake for her b'day (in July!).

March 6, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Zooropa said...

Oh yeah, she is so cute. Then I'm sure u'll buy her a Dora cake, right?...

March 6, 2008 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Sweet Jasmine said...

Hope next time you and hubby will have a cute daughter like dora to play with....i have only 2 sons..

March 6, 2008 at 11:31 PM  
Blogger andrewjune said...

now i know where you get the name "dora" from...i'm so silly, all the while i thought your real name is dora LOL...little do i know there's a cartoon with that name...(cannot blame me lah, we dont watch cartoons lah-maybe in few yrs time when rachael is older :-)

March 7, 2008 at 12:56 AM  
Blogger Juliana said...

My son love to watch Dora and Diego also. I will go on vacation next saturday for 1 month. So, I can not blog hopping for awhile. If you interest to read my vacation adventure come sometimes again to my blog :D When i am back from vacation, i will more visit your blog :D

dag..

March 7, 2008 at 1:37 AM  
Blogger Zooropa said...

SweetJasmine
~ Hehehe...yes I love 2play wth a cutie gal like Dora next time!

AndrewJune
~ Oh June, u must be very familiar wth many cartoon characters soon when Rachel starts loving it!

March 7, 2008 at 1:40 AM  
Blogger Zooropa said...

Juliana RW
~ Wow 1 mth is a long vacation! Sure I'll hop over ur place for d update. Thx for visiting my blog!

March 7, 2008 at 1:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Before i came here,I don't pretty like dora cuz it's look ugly to me.But after we came here and my kids watched this everyday then i started to love it cuz the boots is so cute.And we knows their songs pretty well.Ya!it's a knowledge programme.The kids could learn alot from this show.Unfortunately dora toys are made in china there was once toy'srus has removed the this recalled toys from its shelves.Since then we all stop buying this toys.

March 7, 2008 at 5:20 AM  
Blogger Constance Chan said...

my girl loves Dora... she wants to learn spanish but i haven't been able to find a school that can teach spanish for kids..

March 7, 2008 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Kikey Loo said...

my kid that i taking care, also love to watch Dora. She is 5 yrs old.

March 8, 2008 at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home