Life Is Mysterious

Zooropazoo

Monday, March 3, 2008

Fashion Design

Yes, when talk about fashion, my imagination starts rolling. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gifted in fashion design because the talent of creativity for the mix and match of fabrics and colours just do not apply in my mind! But I love to flip through some trendy magazines every month to check with the latest fashion which I may update for both my formal wear to office and casual attire. Anyway, if there's an opportunity for me to study abroad in the future, I may want to learn fashion and go for one of the reputable New York fashion schools.
I'm sure many of you aware that our local fashion designer Zang Toi has successfully made his name in New York. He was once a kamping boy and his road to the fame achieved as at today was not easy. I'm not sure he is graduated from fashion school in New York but he must have put in a lot of hard work for others to accept his masterpiece especially for one to "survive" in a big fashion city like New York.

Do you think to become the next Tommy Hilfiger and Donna Karan is so easy merely because you can design and sew a wonderful dress? No way ok...If you have watched Project Runway you are most probably exposed to a real fashion designer. There are actually some other knowledge and skills which are equally important such as inventory costs control and PR skill. I believe the latter is crucial to be equipped with for one to be "presentable" due to the fact that this industry requires one to have flair in communication. For those who are planning to step into this colourful arena, I do recommend you to check with fashion schools New York for further information and good luck!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger andrewjune said...

fashon design is not my cup of tea but i love interior design...
however, I'm like you too...buying women magazines and hcek out their latest fashion tips!
btw, you've got another award - Blogging Friends Foever Gold Card Award :-)

March 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home