Life Is Mysterious

Zooropazoo

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Durian Story

I think most Malaysian love eating Durian a.k.a The King of Fruits unlike some foreigners who are not get used to the strong smell will hate it. But I find that many Westerners now are brave enough to try when they come visiting our country. During the time when I was a small girl, I love to eat Durian very much just like my parents and my eldest brother. We used to take Durian for dinner instead of the usual rice & dishes. There was one time, I guess I over-ate Durian and my body was heaty like boiling in the middle of night. When wake up the other day in the morning, I was having fever!

It's still very fresh in my mind 'til now. That's the horrow phobia...and I stopped eating Durian from then. Many many years later, I have the craving for it about 2 weeks ago. And it's a co-incidence that my parents bought some Durians and asked us to eat together. I won't repeat the same silly mistake like before, I took just a little bit & it's great! The taste I like is that with bittersweet a bit like alcohol. Lesson to my readers: Don't over-eat the food you love very much, it may go to the adverse effect and you may stop eating it for years!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Wen said...

i agree with that, but not with durian its yau yue oong choi. gave me diarrhoea and no more since more than 10 yrs ago

August 14, 2008 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Borneo Falcon said...

I had no bad experience with durian before. It's durian season again! he....he...

August 14, 2008 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger kiasumum said...

i luv durian but dare not to eat much... coz the calories veri high, want to keep FIT ma not keep FAT, LOL!!

August 14, 2008 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Rose world said...

Dora, how come u and I have the same phobia?? Eating too much durian when small and grow scare of it in later years!! hahahah!

I have never tasted durian for more than 10 years till last year in Kapit.

Check out my durian experience at http://kuchingnite.blogspot.com/2008/01/king-of-fruits.html

August 15, 2008 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

I've never had one before. We don't get them here in Canada.

August 15, 2008 at 6:59 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Have you tried drinking salt water with the husk. i think it helps.

August 15, 2008 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger JK said...

Your lesson is a good one and we should all follow that. I love durians less after marriage, maybe because I married a guy whose family has durian estates.

August 15, 2008 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Kikey Loo said...

i love durian, indeed i miss durian a lot!!!

August 17, 2008 at 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like durian but not too much.

August 19, 2008 at 1:12 AM  
Blogger Rozella said...

That sometimes happens to me too. Hehehe I just get too greedy for my own good!

August 20, 2008 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Constance Chan said...

dora, how are you. i think you are busy isit. cos no new posts..hope you are fine wor.. me also worry.

August 23, 2008 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger bokjae said...

Hey! I've got a tag for you! Drop by
http://jangbokjae.blogspot.com/2008/08/return-of-genies.html

August 26, 2008 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger cre8tone said...

I don't really hate or love eating durians!~

August 27, 2008 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Sue Sue said...

aiyor my dear, must drink a lot of water leh after you eat.

August 28, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home